Resource Management Assistant
2 Years Term Appointment
Conakry, Guinea – Local hire
The World Bank Group Country Office in Guinea is seeking applications for a Resource Management Assistant with a strong policy and operational background to join the team. This position in the Resource Management family handles financial accounting, administration and resource management work programs in the Guinea country office. The position addresses the day-to-day fiduciary and work program support activities, and requires sound technical, analytical, systems and writing and communications skills, as well as a thorough working knowledge of Bank operating, fiduciary and administrative processes – especially expense handling of Bank’s resources including trust funds.
The Resource Management Assistant will:
• Process accurately and promptly all accounting transactions, including payroll, operating expenses, procurement, travel, consultant payments, vendor payments, charge backs and other office running expenses.
• Handle a variety of general office administrative matters and other ad hoc duties as required (e.g. travel, security, workshops and conferences etc.
• Maintain consistency in the application of accounting rules and procedures, including safeguarding of cash and checks;
• Reviews general ledger accounts regularly to ensure accurate positing;
• Handle local purchasing of supplies, equipment and contracts for services;
• Maintain and updates records and reports on status of inventory and physical assets;
Qualification / Selection criteria
• Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics or related field
• A minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience in Administration, Accounting or Finance
• Knowledge of general accounting systems and/or experience with accounting systems with a comparable level of complexity and high degree of integration.
• Ability to research, analyze, and synthesize information, interpret data, retrieve information from SAP or similar integrated systems and clearly and concisely prepare results
• Strong English and French languages communication skills with the ability to prepare, present, and discuss findings in written and oral form
• Proficiency in Microsoft Windows applications, namely Excel, Word and Power Point. Demonstrated ability to learn new technology quickly and effectively use it for maximum productivity
For the full position description and complete selection criteria and required competencies, qualified candidates are requested to submit an on-line application at www.worldbank.org/careers. Click on > Current job openings > job # 132413. The World Bank is committed to achieving diversity of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Closing date for receipt of applications is November 14, 2013.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.